- Reduce or completely give up eating animals – including fish and other marine life. Please!
- Adopt an animal from a shelter or SPCA
- Buy a vegetarian/vegan recipe book and make a meal or two every week for you and/or family and friends.
- Plant a few vegetables – even if you have no garden, a couple of pots with decent soil and you can grow a tomato plant and a few herbs.
- Make a decision to recycle or up-cycle all household waste.
- Buy a few canvass carry bags for your grocery shopping and stop using all plastic bags.
- Start a compost heap or compost bin if you can. (The hardware store should have them). We’ve found that by recycling all veggie matter and paper there are some weeks that, come collection day, our rubbish bin is barely half full.
- Plant a fruit tree.
- Get fit – or at least make a firm decision to become more healthy. Walking is good. Take the dog for a walk! If you haven’t got a dog, see Point 2!